Last updated 02 February 2021
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our service to you.
Categories of information we collect:
Information you provide may include but is not limited to:
- Personal Data:
This includes demographic and other personally identifiable information (such as your name, Identity Number, application profile identity, home address, and email address) that you voluntarily give to us when choosing to utilise the GovChat Application via the PWA and online forms.
You may be requested to share medical data, such as your symptoms and other medical data for combatting of COVID19 purposes.
You may be requested the share the personal information of others. For example, details of your co-dependents when completing the Early Childhood Development Centre forms for the Department of Social Development.
- Location data:
This may include location pins, and physical addresses.
Automatically collected information may include but is not limited to:
Information our servers automatically collect when you access the Application.
Device information such as your, phone number, country, location, and any other available data.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We may use the information collected about you via the Application to:
- increase the efficiency and operation of the Application,
- request feedback and contact you about your use of the Application,
- to detect, prevent and address technical issues
- share your requests, sentiments and feedback about service delivery on an anonymised basis to the relevant government agencies and councils,
- compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third parties,
- assist you with your grant funding applications to government,
- provide you with informative and relevant government services and facilities,
- monitor and analyse usage and trends during times of crisis,
- assist in grant funding applications to SASSA,
- provide nearest medical testing facilities,
- where mandated by government and after your consent, provide COVID19 contact tracing, where possible,
- assist in collecting information on Early Childhood Development centres on behalf of the Department of Social Development.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
We may share information we have collected about you in certain situations:
- By Law or to Protect Rights:
If we believe the release of anonymised information is necessary to respond to legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others, we may share anonymised information if required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Third-Party Service Providers:
We may share anonymised information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including data analysis, email delivery, hosting services and customer service.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
Any complaints with respect to the processing of personal information may be lodged with the South African Information Regulator at firstname.lastname@example.org