Last updated 02 February 2021
About Our Services
We may add or remove functionality from the Services from time to time, at our discretion. Please note that we do not provide any emergency services nor access to any government emergency services. The Services are provided to you on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis.
ACCEPTABLE USE OF OUR SERVICES
You may be required to register or create an account to access certain Services. You are responsible for safeguarding your account, log-in details and one time pins (if provided). You must be 18 years or older to use our Services. You are responsible for all internet access, mobile network operator costs and any other fees and taxes that may be associated with accessing our Services. You must make use of our Services according to our Terms and posted policies. If we prevent you from using our Services due to a violation of our Terms, you may not attempt to access our Services again or attempt to access through alternative means without our permission. You must access and use our Services only for legal, authorised, and acceptable purposes.
You may not use our Services in a way that:
- violates or infringes the rights of Govchat or a third-party,
- is illegal, defamatory, hateful, or racially offensive,
- impersonates someone, or
- misrepresent your experience or submit information which you know is not accurate.
You may not:
- send or attempt to send bulk messages or auto-messages.
- attempt to upload documents or send any content that may contain a virus, ransomware or any other form of malware.
- interfere with the proper working of the Services or impose an unreasonably large load on the Platform or website.
- attempt to reverse engineer the Platform or website or use any other methods to attempt to find the source code of the Platform or website.
The Govchat and Govchat name and logo are the intellectual property of Govchat and may not be used in any manner without obtaining either of the parties' prior written consent.
Govchat may share information with you created by researchers, government and other third parties. The researchers, government and third parties are independent parties and Govchat is not liable for any potential misinformation shared.
GovChat does not warrant:
- that the Services will be compatible with your phone, computer or other software or hardware.
- the Services are free from all errors and malware or any other harmful software or devices that have the ability to corrupt your computer.
GovChat will not be liable for:
- inability to use the Services;
- any operational failure of the Services;
- interruption or failure in the Services.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
To the extent permitted by law, GovChat will not be held liable for any loss or damages, direct or indirect, arising from the use of Services.
These terms are governed by the law of South Africa. The courts in South Africa have jurisdiction over any disputes arising from these terms. We may update these Terms from time to time. We will alert you about any changes by updating the "Last updated" date of these Terms. You are encouraged to periodically review these Terms to stay informed of updates. If you are not happy with these Terms, you should not make use of the Govchat platform. You may direct any queries in relation to these Terms to email@example.com Govchat Pty Ltd is a private company incorporated in the Republic of South Africa and has place of business at 1st Floor Speakers Corner, 37 Parliament Street, Cape Town.